If you’re a content creator on YouTube, you’ve probably heard about YouTube Shorts. These are short, vertical videos that are usually 60 seconds or less, and they’re quickly gaining popularity on the platform. YouTube Shorts provide an excellent opportunity for creators to showcase their creativity and connect with their audience. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to make a YouTube Short.
1. Create a YouTube Channel
Before you can start creating YouTube Shorts, you need to have a YouTube channel. If you already have a YouTube channel, you can skip this step. If you don’t have a YouTube channel, you can create one by following these steps:
- Go to YouTube.com and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you’ll need to create one.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Create a channel” and follow the prompts to set up your channel.
2. Access the YouTube Shorts Camera
Once you have a YouTube channel, you can access the YouTube Shorts camera by following these steps:
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the “+” button in the bottom center of the screen.
- Select “Create a Short” from the menu.
3. Choose Your Video Orientation
YouTube Shorts are vertical videos, so you’ll need to make sure your video is shot in portrait mode. This means holding your phone vertically while you record your video.
4. Record Your Video
Now it’s time to record your YouTube Short. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Keep your video short and sweet. Remember, YouTube Shorts are usually 60 seconds or less.
- Use good lighting. Make sure your subject is well-lit, and there are no harsh shadows.
- Use a tripod or stabilizer. This will help keep your video steady.
- Add text or captions to your video. This will make it easier for viewers to understand what’s happening in your video, especially if there’s no sound.
5. Add Music
YouTube Shorts allows you to add music to your video from a library of licensed songs. To add music to your video, follow these steps:
- Tap on the “Music” button.
- Select a song from the library or search for a specific song.
- Tap on the song you want to use and select the portion of the song you want to include in your video.
- Adjust the volume of the music to your liking.
6. Add Text and Filters
You can also add text and filters to your YouTube Short to make it more engaging. Here’s how:
- Tap on the “Text” button to add text to your video. You can choose from a variety of fonts and colors.
- Tap on the “Filters” button to add a filter to your video. You can choose from a variety of filters to give your video a unique look.
7. Preview and Edit Your Video
Before you publish your YouTube Short, it’s a good idea to preview and edit it to make sure everything looks good. You can do this by tapping on the “Preview” button. If you need to make any edits, tap on the “Edit” button and make your changes.
8. Publish Your YouTube Short
Once you’re happy with your YouTube Short, it’s time to publish it. Here’s how:
- Tap on the “Next” button.
- Add a title and description to your video.
- Select a thumbnail for your video. You can choose from a thumbnail generated by YouTube or upload your own.
- Choose where you want your video to be seen. You can select “Public” or “Private.”
- Tap on the “Publish” button.
YouTube Shorts are a great way to connect with your audience and showcase your creativity. With the steps outlined in this article, you can start creating YouTube Shorts today.